Image: Lake Mapourika, New Zealand by Richard Palmer. CC-BY-SA-3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
In recognition of World Water Monitoring Day, we have put together a reading list of articles that cover all aspects of water monitoring, from environmental impact to policy to distribution.
- “Land Markets and the Value of Water: Hedonic Analysis Using Repeat Sales of Farmland,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics
- “Cooperation against Theft: A Test of Incentives for Water Management in Tunisia,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics
- “Estimating the Price Elasticity of Residential Water Demand: The Case of Phoenix, Arizona,” Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy
- “Reflections — Shaping Water Policy: What Does Economics Have to Offer?,” Review of Environmental Economics and Policy
- “U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Valuation of Surface Water Quality Improvements,” Review of Environmental Economics and Policy
- “Intensive and extensive margin adjustments to water scarcity in France’s Cereal Belt,” European Review of Agricultural Economics
- “Farmers’ exposure to risk and their temporary water trading,” European Review of Agricultural Economics
- “Synthetic biology, water industry and the performance of an innovation barrier,” Science and Public Policy
These articles are free for you to read online for a limited time.
GIF via giphy.com.